". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Public Service Announcement for My Fellow Bloggers

If your blog is hosted by Blogger, be sure to check your spam file every now and then. I just did so for the first time in a while (thanks to a reminder from Blogger) and found three comments, going back six months, that weren't spam. I don't know why Blogger marked them as such. They were legitimate comments from people who have either commented before or whom I could easily identify. So don't forget to check every now and then to make sure you aren't missing something scintillating from someone like me! :-)

4 comments:

Susan said...

I guess that's a good reason for me to stay subscribed to Timberdoodle. I don't really need it any more, but I keep wondering if it would be a good source of gifts for the grandkids. Every now and then, my email will kick a Timberdoodle ad over into the spam folder, so I have to check it now and then. I haven't found any blog comments in my spam.

This reminds me, though, I should check the spam on my gmail. Ever since you mentioned the problem with certain loopers being dumped into spam, I've been trying to remember to check there. I forget too often. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheryl said...

You're welcome!

After I discovered the comments in my Blogger spam file today, I actually wondered if maybe one of my comments on your blog ended up in your spam. I commented some time ago on your "Hair Growth" post but never saw my comment come through. I don't think I wrote anything offensive ;-) so figured it was just a cyberspace glitch but then today started wondering if maybe it went to your spam.

Susan said...

Weird.

Any chance it was a different post? I do remember finding a comment from you that got lost in the mailbox for a week or week-and-a-half. But then I OK-ed it, and it was posted.

I looked on my blogger dashboard under "comments" and there's nothing from you there awaiting moderation. I tried looking at my trash bin, in case I accidentally hit "delete" instead of "post" (because I'm still having brain-scramble sometimes). Nothing in the trash or spam either. Huh.

Cheryl said...

Somewhere in another dimension of cyberspace there must be an Island of Lost Comments. One of these days they'll probably all reappear at once in some grand, seismic blog-quake.

No big deal. I would have liked you to see the comment, though. It was something about how nice you looked in that picture showing your hair growth. You wear short hair very well. It will be interesting to see what style you finally end up with. :-)