". . . little shall I grace my cause

In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience,

I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver . . ."

(William Shakespeare's Othello, I.iii.88-90)

Monday, February 22, 2010

"We're Just Losing Everyone"

I had no idea yesterday morning's post would be so prophetic. Shortly after I wrote it I received word that one of our preschool teachers had died in the hospital after a long battle with cancer. Although we homeschool, all of our children have attended Lutheran preschool, and this lady was both Caitlin's and Evan's teacher. She and her husband, who is our day school's third grade teacher, have long been involved with parish music, directing school ensembles and singing in our adult choir. My friend's death has come as quite a shock to our congregation. She is a cancer survivor who was again fighting the disease, but the crisis that led to her passing Sunday morning was not at all expected. We all thought she--and we--had more time.

Louise will be missed by many. She was in the classroom until quite recently and this year was named Teacher of the Year by the Northern Illinois District.

"Lord, now lettest Thou thy servant depart in peace according to Thy Word." Rest in peace, Louise. We'll see you in heaven.

No comments: